Indy Jet Holdings, d.b.a Indy Flight Training seeks a self-starting professional to fill the role of Certificated Flight Instructor (CFI), to report to the Flight School Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to and promote all company safety practices and policies.
- Provide a high level of service to customers touring, visiting, or conducting training at our facility.
- Perform those flight instructor duties authorized by the Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Provide oversight for the training of students to ensure satisfactory progress through the course material and immediately inform Lead Flight Instructor or General Manager of any delays in training or unsatisfactory progress.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining all appropriate records to include student training record, student logbook, and applicable computer records.
- Ensure the course standards, training requirements, and objectives met by all assigned students through use of periodic stage checks or another approved means.
- Assist in the monitoring the required maintenance intervals of flight training aircraft as required by FARs, and coordinate all maintenance and inspections with Indy Jet Services.
- File incident reports as necessary to report any observed safety violations, or situations that may affect the safety of flight.
- Attend administrative, standardization, in-service training, and instructor development meetings as assigned.
- Ensure the safety of each flight and passengers when performing those commercial pilot duties authorized by the Federal Aviation Administration in accordance with the 14 CFR Part 91 operations.
- Provide professional, courteous, informed service to each client. Know them by name and make them feel welcomed.
- Support flight operations by coordinating aircraft, students, and instructor resources with weather and operational needs.
- Updates, maintains, and ensures an adequate supply of:
- Exams and Keys
- New Student Packet
- New Renter Packet
- IFT- Operations and Safety Procedures, OSP Quiz, Rental Agreement, and Check Out form.
- All other duties as assigned by Flight School Manager.
- Associate’s Degree Preferred
- Aviation Experience Preferred
- Excellent Communication Skills Required
- Excellent Computer Skills Required
- Previous Customer Service Experience Preferred
- Mastery of Email Communication Required
- Computer literate with ability to learn new programs
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Must be both a team player, and perform well independently
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor Airplane (CFI) – Required
- CFII/MEI – Preferred
- Tailwheel current – Preferred
- Must hold current Medical Certificate
- Clean Driving Record
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and varied schedules
- Ground and flight instruction will be paid at the following rates:
- $22 per hour
- $20 commission per approved flight training kit sold
*CFI may also be awarded the opportunity to participate in the Jet Flow-Through Program with Indy Jet Management; an Indy Jet company providing pilot services for Cessna Citation aircraft.
For more information or to apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.